How your podiatrists in Houston, TX, can help you get relief from nerve pain
If you’ve ever had nerve pain in your feet, you already know how it can impact your life. Nerve pain can make it difficult to walk around and stay active. Nerve pain in your feet is also called peripheral neuropathy, and it’s a common symptom of diabetes. The good news is, your podiatrist can help you and your feet feel better.
The foot doctors at Podiatry Associates Of Houston offer comprehensive foot care, including treatment of peripheral neuropathy. They have several convenient office locations including Chimney Rock, Memorial City, Katy, Willowbrook, and Woodlands, TX, to help you and your feet.
Diabetes affects your main body systems, including your nervous system. When the nervous system is affected, peripheral neuropathy can be the result. Some of the signs and symptoms of peripheral neuropathy include:
- Numbness or tingling in your feet and legs
- Sharp or burning pain in your feet and legs
- Weakness and loss of strength in your legs
- Balance problems when you are walking or standing
The first course of action is to make sure your diabetes is under control. Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated peripheral neuropathy may lead to permanent nerve damage. You may eventually lose sensation in your extremities, leading to injuries you may not feel.
When your diabetes is well controlled by medication, diet, and other modifications, the nerve pain in your feet may lessen or go away on its own. Your podiatrist may also recommend these effective ways to treat peripheral neuropathy:
- Medications to lessen tingling and burning
- Physical therapy to maintain strength
- Exercises to maintain balance and flexibility
You don’t have to suffer from nerve pain in your feet when relief is just a phone call away. To learn more about peripheral neuropathy symptoms and treatment, call the foot doctors at Podiatry Associates Of Houston. You can reach them by calling:
- Chimney Rock: (713) 666-0287
- Memorial City: (713) 467-1299
- Katy: (281) 579-0186
- Willowbrook: (832) 912-7792
- Woodlands: (281) 849-9891
Call today and help your feet!