How your podiatrists in Houston, TX, can help with bunions
If you have noticed a large bony bump on the side of your big toe, chances are that you have a bunion. These foot deformities are caused by the friction of toes rubbing against the inside of shoes, a presence that causes continual irritation, and eventually, bunion formation.
For those of you with bunions, there is good news is: the podiatrists at Podiatry Associates of Houston offer several effective treatments to relieve bunion pain and get rid of the condition altogether! With several convenient office locations in Houston and Woodlands, Texas, we are here to help you and your feet feel better!
More about Bunions
Bunions are a common problem. In fact, according to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, over half of the women in the United States have suffered from them! If you have a small bunion, there are a few things you can do to get relief. You can try:
- Placing an ice pack on the bunion several times during the day
- Using padding or inserts inside your shoes
- Taping your foot and toe to support the bunion
- Switching to wider, more supportive shoes
- Taking over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication
Large bunions can cause severe pain, so it’s best to seek out professional treatment from a podiatrist if you have one. At Podiatry Associates of Houston, your podiatrist will perform a comprehensive examination of your foot so as to determine the level of bone involvement. Your podiatrist will also develop an individualized treatment plan which may include:
- Custom-fit padding to reduce friction
- Custom-fit footwear to reduce irritation
- Custom-fit orthotics to stabilize your toe
- Removing corns or calluses on your feet
- Exercises and physical therapy to increase mobility
- Night splints to help realign your toe and foot
- Surgery to remove the bunion and realign your toe
If you suffer from bunion pain, get some help from your podiatrist! You and your feet deserve the best treatment, so just pick up your phone and call the podiatrists at Podiatry Associates of Houston in Houston, Texas. Get relief from bunion pain by calling now!
Chimney Rock: (713) 666-0287
Memorial City: (713) 467-1299
Katy: (281) 579-0186
Willowbrook: (832) 912-7792
Woodlands: (281) 849-9891